All group rides leaving from Maverick Bikes & Cafe parking lot are at your own risk. Depending on numbers that show up we may split up and go in smaller groups. Stay safe folks.
Bike the Gravel
Saturday, September 24th
5th Annual Bike The Gravel: Tour de Conservation Easement
A one-of-a-kind ride on scenic gravel roads and through gorgeous private properties of Loudoun and Fauquier Counties, Virginia.
Put it on your calendar, you won’t want to miss it!
- Featuring a course that’s over 60% gravel.
- New properties never toured on previous rides.
- Something for every level – short, medium length courses, as well as Metric Century.
- Fully supported with SAG Wagons and well supplied rest stops at 3 locations.
- Registration includes pre-ride breakfast and post ride refreshments, including beer!
- Grueling KOM and QOM climb with $500 prize for winners, for those who want to participate.
- Not interested in grueling climb or the $500? Take the bypass and save your legs.
- Begin and end at Buchanan Hall, Upperville, VA.
- Saturday, September 24th, 8:00 a.m. – Staggered start times to be assigned.
Registration is open!
Summer is here!!
Casual Rides for Fun and Exercise
Click the link below for a full season of riding with ride guide Lisa Campbell. These rides are fun social rides that are “no drop” and include many fun destinations.
Cyclists ride at their own risk.
Ride will be cancelled for rain, snow or winds 20+ mph.
Take a ride with the old pro!
Every Saturday unless otherwise noted at 8:30
A brisk ride with the old pro Nigel Chinemilly!! Every Saturday unless otherwise noted at 8:30 leaving from our parking lot at Maverick Bikes. Nigel will be headed out for a 20 to 30 mile ride. After the ride you can enjoy refreshments at our Cafe.
Saturday Morning Ride with Nigel
When – Saturday’s / wheels down at 8:30 am
Where – Maverick Bikes and Cafe parking lot
Ride profile – Contact Nigel at email@example.com for details. This ride is always 2 to 3 Hours of Zone 2 base. 16-17 MPH average with a few short tempo and sweet spot efforts to keep it lively.
I also ride with my 11-year boy at least twice per week and other kids are welcome to join and normally start from the trail in Purcellville if any interest please let the folks at the shop know. We can tweak the rides to accommodate other riders’ levels and strengths if needed. Or maybe organize some clinics or hear from other riders on what goals they might have in mind moving forward for the next season.
Looking forward to meeting some new riders and also to see some old familiar faces.